Reasons for your vaginal odor
1. Good Hygiene:
|Photo credit: BrainPOP Educators|
A good hygiene is most important part for your a fresh and healthy vagina.
- Wash your vagina, every time after you use toilet and and dry it with wash cloth.
- Use any intimate care wash and maintain the ph level of your intimate area.
- Urinate after having sex.
- Don't use scented soap on your intimate area.
- Change your under wear daily or when it is sweaty and wash your under wear in a regular basis.
- Cleaning your vagina is good for your health. Sometimes public hair don't let the dirt clean properly.
|Photo credit: Digital Journal|
3. Menstrual Cycle:
|Photo credit: SBS|
- Wearing a pad for a long time can cause this type of odor, so change your pad continuously at a regular interval of time.
- Try wearing internal products like tampons, mensuration cups. In pads you are seating on wet pad through out the day and it is absorbing your sweat and it can cause infection.
- During this time wash your vagina with intimate care wash to maintain your ph level.
|Photo credit: 123RF.com|
- Change your panty if it is wet in your sweat.
- Dead skins can cause odor.
- Discharge, its common to discharge at any point of time but it is necessary.
Breathable material like cotton is the best options for any women's facing vaginal odor problem. Try to wear more breathable cotton pants as it tends to hold less moisture near your vagina.
|Photo credit: Capital FM|
Solutions for your vaginal odor
1. Drinking Lots of Water:
|Photo credit: Huston kidney consultant|
2. Essential Oil:
|Photo credit: Dr. Axe|
- During bath infuse your bathwater with 4 to 5 drops of essential oils.
- This will help your skin to get rejuvenate and get rid of any type of infection.
3. Medical treatment :
|Photo credit: Ring a Doctor Blog|
If your vaginal odor is so intense that it's affecting people around you then you should consult with a physician. Before using any type of medication you should consult with your doctor. If your vaginal odor is smelling like fishy smell, pungent etc then you should consult your doctor.
4. Apple cider vinegar:
|Photo credit: CNN.com|
5.Excessive Vaginal discharge :
|Photo credit: Metro|
6. Baking soda:
|Photo credit: Target|
|Photo credit: NDTV Food|
- Boil 10 to 12 neem leaves in 1cup of water.
- You can soak this leaves on water and use that water to treat vaginal odor.
- Wash your vagina using this water.
|Photo credit: NDTV Food|
- Slice amla and boil till it changes it's colour.
- Apply this around your vagina and wash of 20 mins.
- You can drink amla juice to get rid of vaginal odor, you can add cumin and salt for more affect.
- Consume this juice first thing in the morning to get better result.
9. White Vinegar:
|Photo credit: Walmart.com|
- Mix half cup of white vinegar and salt with luke warm water.
- Sock on that water for 30 mins.
- Repeat this process for 3 times a week for few week and it will go away.
10. Citrus fruits:
|Photo credit: Slurrpy|
- Apply raw juice of any citric fruit can kill your vaginal odor.
- Socking citric fruits in your bath water and taking bath with that water can help you to fight your vaginal odor.
- Repeat this process few times a week to get rid of the odor completely.
|Photo credit: DairyReporter.com|
- Eat two bowl of unsweetened yogurt every day as it will kill all the bacterial that is causing your infection.
- Apply yogurt on your vagina for 15mins and wash-off using water. This will help you to get rid of the odor
- Repeat this process for few weeks.
How to prevent vaginal odor in future
|Photo credit: GymTime|
- Stay clean: Washing and changing your under garments is an important part of your regime.
- Probiotics: These are the good bacteria which helps you to maintain the Ph level of your vagina.
- Drinking Water: Drinking a minimum 2 liters of water helps your body to flush out all the harmful bacteria from your body. Eating fruits containing high amount of water can make your body hydrated and nourished.
- Healthy Diet: Maintaining a healthy proper diet helps your body to fight many types of bacterial and fungal infections. Eating fruits, vegetables and whole grains helps your body to nourish and fight any type of diseases.
- Don't wear cloths that are too tight : As too tight cloth cuts of the oxygen. Its important that your vagina is getting enough oxygen.
- Washing: Wash every time after you use bathroom. Even after you have sex, wash your vagina to wash of any semen or lubrication from the condom. This helps to reduce the bacterial level of your vagina.
- Don't use any deodorant on your vagina directly: Using scented soap can affect your Ph level.
Check your hormonal balance from your doctor. If the vaginal odor is constant and you can't get rid of it using any of the home remedies then you should check it with your doctor immediately. Here we have collectively written down the reasons and how to get rid of the odor. Do let us know if we have skipped any point then let us know on the comment section down below.